|The Muppets in Middle Earth
||[Oct. 8th, 2003|07:29 pm]
willowisp and my parents and I were talking over lunch on Sunday. The subject came to movie casting, and through one twist or another we started thinking about which Muppets we would cast in a production of Lord of the Rings. This is too good to pass up. I'll put down the ones I can remember, then ask y'all to comment, fill in the missing characters, suggest alternatives, whatever...
- The Balrog: Animal. This has to be done.
- Elrond Half-elven: Sam the American Eagle. Who else can do the haughty attitude so well?
- Bilbo Baggins: Fozzie Bear.
- Gimli the Dwarf: Sweetums.
- Aragorn: Kermit the Frog, almost by default.
- Galadriel: Miss Piggy.
- Sam Gamgee: Scooter.
- Gandalf: The Great Gonzo. Raise your hands, any of you who didn't see this coming.
- Saruman: Crazy Harry.
We're missing a couple of the principals and a whole host of minor characters. Have at it, folks, this ought to be good.